Battlefield Partnerships (BfP) is led by Andy Robertshaw, working with a core team of military historians whose aim is to bring the true experience of the past vividly to life.
Major projects and services include:
- The Great War Roadshow: BfP consulted for the BBC’s Roadshow as part pf the centenary commemoration of World War I. The team forms an expert panel helping members of the public identify their Great War ancestors through medals, photographs, records and memorabilia.
- Military Ancestry Roadshow: In a format similar to that of the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow, in which members of the public bring along items of family interest, the team helps people to discover their family’s military past. The team can identify military artefacts and help and encourage further research. The team does not aim to put a financial value on any military memorabilia
- Guided battlefield studies, tours & summer schools: BfP specializes in a range of battlefield tours along the Western Front, Normandy, Arnhem and Crete, as well as tours focusing specifically on battlefield archaeology.
- Battlefield and historic interpretation: Using a combination of archaeological investigation, archival research and living history, the team interprets historic events for a wide range of audiences and ages. Its clients include the: BBC, CBBC, English Heritage and overseas educational programmes.
- Ancestry and archival research: For museums, institutions and private individuals – the team offers a bespoke research service helping you to uncover what your ancestors’ war-time service involved.